Saturday, March 14, 2015

Believe it even when you can't see it




John 20:29 (NIV) Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."


On April 3, 1968, 250,000 people gathered to hear Martin Luther Jr give the famous "I have a dream" speech.  
These were some of the things he said 41 years before America ever had a black president: 
"...Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

Martin Luther King uttered these words at the height of racial discrimination, blacks were being killed and his house had even been burnt at the time. He was receiving death threats everyday but he was able to look beyond the present into the future. He knew the suffering of the present was temporary and that the future held bright promises. 

Beloved, I don't know where you are right now, I want you to believe that is not the end of your life, believe what the word of God says about you. You may be drowning in debt but the bible says you shall be the lender and not the borrower, believe that you are rich and not poor, believe you are a king and not a peasant right in the middle of that circumstance; right now when you have just N50 ( less than a dollar) and you don't know where breakfast is coming from.

 The future is more important than the present, keep your faith blazing, this too shall pass, this is not your end, you will blaze through the clouds and a day will come when you will look back and be grateful that you did not throw in the towel when you faced challenges. 

The future is brighter, the future is better, arrive alive, don't die before your time. Hold on to that dream, the chances may look slim but hold on! Your best is yet to come.

#Thank #you for reading, please make sure you share this Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you have been blessed. 

Follow @walejana on Twitter and Instagram 
Jesus is Lord. Shalom 

No comments:

Post a Comment